To learn more about Andrew and our client process, watch this video.
Andrew Matthieson entered the wealth management industry in 2013 when he joined Ashford Advisors. He guides his clients through a process that enables them to feel confident in all aspects of their financial lives, working toward achieving their goals and protecting their families. In addition to working with clients, Andrew is a member of the Ashford Advisors leadership team serving as a Vice President and coordinates the firm's new associate training program. This leadership role allows him to continue leading clients while also helping grow the firm by mentoring, coaching, and training Ashford's new associates.
“My passion in working with clients is being their main point of contact for all conversations relating to their finances. It is extremely rewarding when a family instills their trust in me to guide them through one of the most important parts of their lives”.
As of 2022, Andrew works with clients in over ten states and guides families that are in a variety of industries including professional athletes, physicians, dentists, commercial and residential real estate professionals, sales, corporate executives, attorneys, and business owners.
A natural leader, he played quarterback while in school at the University of West Georgia. In 2008, as a true freshman, he was awarded the unsung hero award for most outstanding scout team player on offense. Andrew was also a member of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity.
Though born in Dallas, Texas, he has lived in the Atlanta area since 1993. He and his wife, Melinda, live in the West Forsyth area of Cumming with their sons, Jack and Beau and their dogs, Winnie and Biscuit. In rare moments of spare time, Andrew enjoys playing golf, and taking the occasional ski trip.
Education, Training, Memberships
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 registrations
- Georgia Life, Accident, Sickness License
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA), Atlanta Chapter
- University of West Georgia, Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, 2012
- Named one of NAIFA-Atlanta’s Top Advisors Under 40, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Ashford Advisors Edward Mattingly Award for Top New Associate, 2015
- Ashford Advisors New Associate Leader in Investment Production, 2016
- Guardian Next Generation Inner Circle Qualifier, 2014-2016
- Five Star Wealth Management Award, 2020, 2021
- Million Dollar Round Table, Court of the Table, 2021
- Leaders Club Qualifier, 2020, 2021
Registered Representative and Financial Advisor of PAS. OSJ: 900 ASHWOOD PARKWAY, SUITE 400, ATLANTA GA, 30338, 770-390-2600. Financial Representative of Guardian. CA Insurance License Number - 0L38754, AR Insurance License Number - 16751360. These awards are not issued or endorsed by Guardian or its subsidiaries. 2022-145285, Exp 10/2024