To learn more about Andrew and our client process, watch the video above.
Andrew Matthieson entered the financial services industry in 2013 when he joined Ashford Advisors as a Financial Representative. He guides his clients to feel confident in all aspects of their financial lives, working toward achieving their goals and protecting their families. In addition, Andrew is one of Ashford Advisors’ Managing Directors. This leadership role allows him to continue serving clients while helping grow the firm by hiring, mentoring, and coordinating training for new associates.
“My passion in working with clients is being their main point of contact for all conversations relating to their finances. It is extremely rewarding when a family instills their trust in me to guide them through one of the highest stakes games they’ll play. I’m so grateful that I was introduced to this career and to Ashford by a client of the firm. If I could go back and design the perfect fit for my career, I would be doing exactly what I’m doing now, because it’s allowed me to grow a business, help others, and support my family.”
A natural leader, he played quarterback while in school at the University of West Georgia. In 2008, as a true freshman, he was awarded the unsung hero award for most outstanding scout team player on offense. Andrew was also a member of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity, where he served as the Recruitment Chairman.
Though born in Dallas, Texas, Andrew has lived in the Atlanta area since 1993. He and his wife, Melinda, live in Smyrna with their dog, Winnie. In rare moments of spare time, Andrew enjoys playing golf, tennis, and taking the occasional ski trip.
To get to know more about Andrew, take a look at Andrew Matthieson - Beyond the Advisor.
To view Andrew's past blogs, visit his article archive.
Education, Training, Memberships
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 registrations
- Georgia Life, Accident, Sickness License
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA), Atlanta Chapter
- University of West Georgia , Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, 2012
- Named one of NAIFA-Atlanta’s Top Advisors Under 40, 2015, 2017, and 2019
- Ashford Advisors Edward Mattingly Award for Top New Associate, 2015
- Ashford Advisors New Associate Leader in Investment Production, 2016
- Guardian Next Generation Inner Circle Qualifier, 2014-2016
Registered Representative and Financial Advisor of Park Avenue Securities and Financial Representative of Guardian.