Derrick Freeman enjoys being an active participant and coach in helping others accomplish their financial goals. With over thirty-two years’ experience in the financial services industry, he provides financial consulting strategies and investment analysis to individuals, families, and business owners. Derrick’s broad knowledge of the financial markets, sensitivity to individual needs, and quality service are the foundation of his reputation in the industry.
Derrick began his career in Financial Services with Trustmark National Bank in 1977 and on Wall Street in 1987. He has been successfully engaged in retail, wholesale distribution, and management for a myriad of Wall Street worldwide firms to regional broker-dealers seeking to grow assets under management. He has lectured and spoken at numerous Wall Street Conferences around the country and has been widely quoted in newspapers and media outlets.
Born in Birmingham, Alabama, Derrick has called many cities home across the Southeast over the years. He and his wife, Karen, currently reside in Ridgeland, MS and are very active in the Dinsmor Community where Derrick has served on the Board of Directors. Karen is a native of Moss Point, MS and is a staff CRNA at The University of Mississippi Medical Center and Germany Dental Clinic. The couple met at Ole Miss and have three children, Wes, Leigh, and Anna. Derrick enjoys golfing, fishing, hunting, gardening, and attending Ole Miss sporting events in his spare time. He and Karen vacation all over the country and take a special trip to Perdido Key, Florida every year with their children and their spouses, along with the newest member of their family, their first granddaughter, Catherine.
Education, Training, Memberships
- The University of Mississippi, B.B.A in Accounting and Marketing, 1977
- Kappa Sigma Fraternity, The University of Mississippi
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA), Mississippi chapter
- Life, Health, and Variable Annuities licensed
- Series 7, 63
- St. Francis Catholic Church, Madison, MS
- City of Ridgeland Chamber of Commerce, former Board of Directors
- Knights of Columbus Council #9453, member
- Financial Services Institute of American, member
- Ole Miss Alumni Association, former Board Member
- Dinsmor Homeowners Association, Board Member
Registered Representative of Park Avenue Securities, LLC (PAS) and Financial Representative of The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America® (Guardian). AR License #1909706