Edward Inman first experienced Ashford Advisors as a client in 2007. It was during this transformative experience that he decided to pursue a career with Ashford. In 2008, he joined the firm so he could share his story and offer people the same comprehensive approach that positively impacted him. Since joining Ashford Advisors he has helped hundreds of families, business owners and foundations become more organized, better protected and well positioned to build wealth efficiently. In 2012, he was asked to join the firm’s investment department in order to support this growing area of the firm, and to collaborate and provide specialized service to other advisor’s at Ashford in this discipline.
Before helping people with their finances, Ed helped people on some of their most difficult days as a Firefighter and EMT. He spent almost 2 years with the Newton County Fire Department before transferring to the City of Alpharetta in the fall 2003. He stayed with the City of Alpharetta until 2008 when he left with the rank of Engineer of Engine Company #3. Ed stayed with the department as a Volunteer until 2010 when the demands of his growing practice became too great to continue working in the fire service.
Ed is an Atlanta native, having lived there for his entire life except for attending college in Boulder, Colorado. Ed resides in Sandy Springs, Georgia and has two sons, William and Lukas who attend Mt Vernon Presbyterian School. In addition to his family and career, Ed maintains an active lifestyle of hiking, biking, fishing, water and snow skiing.
To learn more about Ed, take a look at Ed Inman - Beyond the Advisor.
To view Ed's past blogs, visit his article archive.
Education, Training, Memberships
- Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM (CFP®)
- The American College, Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
- Licensed Registered Representative and Financial Advisor with Park Avenue Securities, LLC (PAS)
- Series 7 and 66 Licensed
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA), Atlanta Chapter
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies, Business Minor, 2001
- Pi Kapp Alpha Fraternity, Beta Upsilon Chapter, 1998-2001; President, 2001
- Five Star Wealth Manager Award 2017, 2019, & 2020
- AssetMark Gold Forum Qualifier, 2012 - 2020
- Million Dollar Round Table Qualifier, 2013-2015
- Million Dollar Round Table Qualifier, Court of the Table, 2017-2019
- Named one of “NAIFA-Atlanta’s Top Advisors Under 40”, 2011 - 2020
- Ashford Advisors Ed Mattingly Award for New Associate of the Year, 2009
- Guardian Quality Award
*This award is not issued or endorsed by Guardian or its subsidiaries.
Registered Representative & Financial Advisor of Park Avenue Securities and Financial Representative of Guardian. AR insurance license #7949786. CA insurance license #0H26101.