Edward Inman left a career in the Fire Service with the City of Alpharetta in 2008 and joined Ashford Advisors. He was a client of the firm at the time and felt like he could share the experience and holistic financial planning process his family benefitted from and make a positive impact on families and their finances. Since joining Ashford Advisors, he has helped hundreds of families, business owners, and foundations become more organized, better protected, and build wealth efficiently within their risk budgets.
In addition to building his own successful practice at Ashford, Ed is incredibly involved with multiple operational aspects of the firm. He is part of a team that oversees the Investment Department for Ashford, helping guide Advisors and Clients with investment advice, workflows, compliance, and portfolio management. He also leads the Training Department for all of Ashford that encompasses Advisors in 8 states spread across the Southeast. Given his roles within his practice, investment department, and training, it positions Ed to be a resource for Advanced Planning Topics for both clients and Advisors of Ashford.
Ed is an Atlanta native, having lived here his entire life except for attending University in Boulder, Colorado. Currently residing in Sandy Springs Georgia, Ed has two sons (Will and Lukas) and is engaged to Kristi Ratz who has a daughter (Micah). In addition to his family and career, Ed keeps an active lifestyle of biking, fishing, hunting, skiing, and tennis.
To learn more about Ed, take a look at Ed Inman - Beyond the Advisor.
To view Ed's past blogs, visit his article archive.
Education, Training, Memberships
- Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM (CFP®)
- The American College, Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
- Licensed Registered Representative and Financial Advisor with Park Avenue Securities, LLC (PAS)
- Series 7 and 66 Licensed
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA), Atlanta Chapter
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies, Business Minor, 2001
- Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity, Beta Upsilon Chapter, 1998-2001; President, 2001
- Five Star Wealth Manager Award 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021**
- AssetMark Platinum Advisor
- Million Dollar Round Table Qualifier, Top of the Table, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Named one of “NAIFA-Atlanta’s Top Advisors Under 40”, 2011 - 2020***
- Guardian Leaders Club, 2021
*This award is not issued or endorsed by Guardian or its subsidiaries.
Registered Representative & Financial Advisor of Park Avenue Securities and Financial Representative of Guardian. AR insurance license #7949786. CA insurance license #0H26101.
**This award is not issued or endorsed by Guardian or its subsidiaries. The annual Five Star Wealth Manager award is based on criteria developed and obtained by Five Star Professional. No compensation has been provided by the adviser in connection with obtaining or using the third-party award.
*** National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors is endorsed by but not affiliated with Guardian or its subsidiaries. Members must pay an annual fee.
Million Dollar Round Table is endorsed by but not affiliated with Guardian or its subsidiaries. Applicants must annually qualify for membership based on productivity and pay an annual fee.