George H. Moore, ChFC®, CLU®, RICP®
Managing Partner, Memphis Office
With more than 25 years of experience in the financial services industry, George Moore leads and oversees the business operations of the Ashford Advisors Memphis office. He strives to build and grow the firm with an emphasis on comprehensive planning and outstanding client service. In addition, he focuses his time on mentoring and training financial advisors with the necessary support to become their best selves and the confidence to change their client’s lives for the better.
George entered the industry in 1989 while living in Washington DC. In 2004, he moved to Memphis to take over a firm which he reorganized as Chartwell Financial Group (CFG). his Based on a planning process that emphasizes a relationship rather than a transaction, CFG enjoyed exceptional growth.
In March 2015, George merged CFG with Ashford Advisors of Atlanta. The resources at Ashford along with the close relationship was a natural fit for two firms with shared values. The synergy of the combined firms yielded growth and expanded the resources available to clients. With a growing regional footprint, Ashford Advisors continues to serve the financial needs of its clients with offices in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi.
George and his wife Kim have six children and live in Germantown TN. They attend Highpoint Church in Collierville, TN. George enjoys spending time with his wife and children and playing golf. Originally born in Philadelphia, he continues to be an Eagles and Phillies fan along with pulling for all teams from Memphis.
Education, Training, Memberships
- The University of Virginia, Bachelor of Arts
- The American College, Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®), Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®), Retirement Income Certified Professional®(RICP®)
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA), Memphis Chapter
- Chi Phi Fraternity, University of Virginia
- President of NAIFA Memphis, 2008-2009
- Five Star Wealth Professional, 2019
- GAMA International Management Award, 2019
- Boys and Girls Club, Greater Memphis
- Bernal Smith Club, President, 2015-2017
- Golden Cross Senior Ministries Board of Trustees
Registered Representative and Financial Advisor of Park Avenue Securities, General Agent of Guardian. The Five Star award is not issued or endorsed by Guardian or its subsidiaries. AR Insurance License ID #2062454. 2021-126932 exp 09/2023