George started in the financial services industry in Washington DC in 1989. He moved to Memphis in 2004 to take over a firm which he reorganized as Chartwell Financial Group (CFG). With over twenty-five years of industry experience, his vision is to build a firm with an emphasis on comprehensive planning and outstanding client service. Based on a planning process that emphasizes a relationship rather than a transaction, CFG enjoyed exceptional growth.
In March 2015, George merged Chartwell with Ashford Advisors of Atlanta. The resources at Ashford along with the close relationship was a natural fit for two firms with shared values. The synergy of the combined firms has yielded growth and expanded the resources available to our clients.
A decision was made to re-brand CFG as Ashford Advisors effective January 1, 2018. This better reflects our regional footprint and the strength of the combined firm. Ashford’s history of serving the financial needs of clients dates back to 1898 with offices in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Mississippi, we continue to focus on improving the lives of our clients and associates.
George and his wife Kim have six children and live in Germantown TN. They attend Highpoint Church in Collierville, TN. George enjoys spending time with his wife and children and playing golf. Originally born in Philadelphia, he continues to be an Eagles and Phillies fan along with pulling for all teams from Memphis.
Education, Training, Memberships
- The University of Virginia, Bachelor of Arts
- The American College, Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®) and Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®)
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA), Memphis Chapter
- Chi Phi Fraternity, University of Virginia
- President of NAIFA Memphis, 2008-2009
- Five Star Wealth Professional, 2017
- GAMA International Management Award, 2017
- Boys and Girls Club, Greater Memphis
- Bernal Smith Club, President, 2015-2017
- Golden Cross Senior Ministries Board of Trustees
- MILE Program, University of Memphis
Registered Representative and Financial Advisor of Park Avenue Securities, General Agent of Guardian. AR Insurance License #2062454