Lisa specializes in helping families and business owners think differently about money and finance. She believes that comprehensive planning is about more than just math and numbers. It is her conviction that understanding and addressing a person’s deeply held values, priorities and feelings toward finance, are key to their financial success. Lisa’s process helps clients align their financial decisions with their personal values, and as a result, her clients have experienced greater balance, freedom, and confidence in their financial lives.
She derives this unique approach to planning from her competitive swimming background. In athletics, it is often the athletes who train differently and address the intangibles, that outperform their peers; Lisa believes the same is true in finance. She likes to think of herself as her clients’ financial coach, giving them the knowledge, education, and strategic ideas they need to perform to the absolute highest level in their financial lives.
Lisa was born and raised just south of Denver, Colorado. She moved to Georgia to attend The University of Georgia, where she was an accomplished student-athlete. She was designated as the Southeastern Conference Swimming and Diving Scholar-Athlete of the Year in 2009 and 2010, was a 4-time Academic All-American, and in 2010, received the Joel Eaves Scholar-Athlete award, given to the female athlete with the highest grade point average. Lisa was also featured in the 2010 ESPN special: “SEC: Stories of Success.” In 2009, Lisa became an NCAA National Champion in the 200-medley relay, swimming the butterfly leg and set the UGA swimming and diving team record. In 2010, she was voted team captain and led the team to an SEC Championship.
Lisa and her husband, Michael, met on The University of Georgia Swim Team, were married in 2013, and currently reside in Smyrna. They are parents to two amazing boys, Decker and Zander. Lisa and Michael continue to fuel their passion for competition through a number of different sports and are members of Cumberland Community Church.
Education, Training, Memberships
- University of Georgia, Master of Business Administration, 2013
- University of Georgia, Bachelor of Business Administration, 2010
- The American College, Chartered Financial Consultant™ (ChFC®), 2017
- Series 7 and 66 Licensed
- Georgia Life, Accident, Sickness License
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA), Atlanta Chapter
- Named one of “NAIFA-Atlanta’s Top Advisors Under 40”, 2015, 2018, 2019
- Named one of “NAIFA-Atlanta’s Top Female Advisors”, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
- Ashford Advisors Ed Mattingly New Associate of the Year, 2014
- Guardian Client Builder Award, 2014
Registered Representative & Investment Advisor of Park Avenue Securities, Financial Representative of Guardian. CA insurance license # 0I84790.