Matt Lipscomb is passionate about seeking excellence. Whether he is providing strategies to help his clients reach their financial goals or coaching young athletes toward their personal best, he strives to educate, inform and cull the assets that lie within.
Matt’s philosophy is driven by challenges faced by the private business owner or entrepreneur. He analyzes the entirety of his client’s financial life in effort to help them maximize income and growth, optimize protection, and minimize inefficient tax implications.
“If I see that a client’s best asset lies between their ears, I often advise them to invest in themselves, and in their own business.” Because of this unique approach, which he has honed since he began his career in 1992, he is frequently called to train and share his knowledge with other financial advisors and institutions throughout Atlanta.
It is Matt’s goal to expose his clients' blind spots that occur due to their business growing, income and net worth increasing, and tax situation changing. These blind spots can result in uncoordinated financial, tax, and protection decisions that have accumulated over time.
Outside the world of finance and planning, Matt encourages young adults and youth to develop their personal excellence, as well. He mentors college-aged men of faith in their formation during a summer work program sponsored by a local organization, C Legs. Since 2004, Matt’s enthusiasm for teaching life leadership lessons through the game of soccer is evidenced by the more than 100 soccer teams he has coached both at the club level at Concorde Fire, Buckhead FC, and Brookhaven FC and on the recreational level at the Ashford Dunwoody YMCA.
Matt lives in Atlanta with his wife Melanie and their four children, Mary Hathaway, Annie, Robert, and their son Ivan, whom they adopted from Russia in 2007. He enjoys golfing, fishing, and hunting, but his favorite pastime is spending time with his family. He and his family are active members of the Cathedral of Christ the King. His children attend St. Pius X Catholic High School, UGA, and Notre Dame Academy which merged with Sophia Academy, a Catholic school for children with learning differences. Matt currently serves on the advisory board of Notre Dame Academy and was a past board member of Sophia Academy.
To view Matt's past blogs, visit his article archive.
Education, Training, Memberships
- Licensed Registered Representative and Financial Advisor with Park Avenue Securities, LLC (PAS).
- American College in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, earned Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®) and Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®) designations.
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA), Atlanta Chapter
- University of Georgia, Bachelor of Science in Finance, 1992
Greater Atlanta Awards
- Eight-time recipient of Best in Client Satisfaction, sponsored by Five Star Professional and Atlanta Magazine
- Eleven-timePresident’s Council winner
- Leaders Club Award winner, yearly since 1996
- Seven-time Centurion Award winner
Ashford Advisors Awards
- Holcombe T. Green Award for Advisor of the Year 1999-2013, 2016, 2018-2019
- George S. Murdock Award for Advisor of the Year, 2017-2019
- Ashford Investments Sales Award for Advisor of the Year, 2017-2019
- Mattingly Award for New Advisor of the Year, 1992
- Mitchell King
- Kelly McCoy
Registered Representative and Financial Advisor of Park Avenue Securities and Financial Representative of Guardian. CA Insurance License ID #0I74166
Five Star Wealth Manager award is not issued or endorsed by Guardian or its subsidiaries.