Matt Lipscomb is passionate about seeking excellence. Whether he is providing strategies to help his clients reach financial confidence or coaching/mentoring young people toward their personal best, he strives to educate, inform, and cull the assets that lie within.
Matt’s philosophy about money is not driven by the conventional wisdom of financial planning but is driven by challenges faced by the private business owner, real estate investor, and entrepreneur. He analyzes the entirety of his client’s financial life in effort to help them maximize income and growth, optimize protection, and he provides them with tax-efficient strategies.
Matt has come to understand that his clients themselves are their best asset, so he finds creative ways they can invest in themselves and in what they do best. He loves to help clients mostly in the areas of asset protection and tax efficient strategies. This unique and value-add approach has allowed Matt to be ranked by Forbes Magazine as #51 Financial Security Professionals in the nation and #2 in his home state, Georgia. Matt runs his team with his partner Mitchell King, his assistant Elizabeth Johnson, client relations manager Jake Thompson, and case manager Carla Garikes.
Outside the world of finance and planning, Matt has spent many years encouraging young adults and youth to develop their personal excellence. He mentors college-aged men of faith in their formation during a summer work program sponsored by a local organization, C Legs. Since 2004, Matt’s enthusiasm for having taught life leadership lessons through the game of soccer is evidenced by the more than 100 soccer teams he previously coached both at the club level at Concorde Fire, Buckhead FC, and Brookhaven FC, now UFA Metro, and on the recreational level at the Ashford Dunwoody YMCA.
Matt lives in Atlanta with his wife Melanie, whom he met when both attended UGA. They have four children; Mary Hathaway (25), Annie (24), Robert (22), and Ivan (17), whom they adopted from Russia in 2007. Their oldest daughter and son-in-law John welcomed baby Cal in December of 2023, Matt’s first grandchild. He enjoys fishing and hunting, but his favorite pastime is spending time with his family either at home, in the woods, or on the lake. Matt and his family are active members of the Cathedral of Christ the King.
Education, Training, Memberships
- Licensed Registered Representative and Financial Advisor with Park Avenue Securities, LLC (PAS)
- American College in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, earned Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®) and Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®) designation.
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA), Atlanta Chapter
- University of Georgia, Bachelor of Science in Finance, 1992
Greater Atlanta Awards
- Named Forbes Top Financial Security Professionals, 2021, 2022, and 2023
- Named #1 in Georgia Best-in-State among 2022 Forbes Top Financial Security Professionals
- Named #2 in Georgia Best-in-State among 2023 Forbes Top Financial Security Professionals*
- 12 Time Five Star Wealth Manage recipient of Best in Client Satisfaction, sponsored by Five Star Professional and Atlanta Magazine
- Two-time Chairman's Council
- Fourteen-time President’s Council winner
- Leaders Club Award winner, yearly since 1996
- Seven-time Centurion Award winner
Ashford Advisors Awards
- Holcombe T. Green Award for Advisor of the Year 1999-2013, 2016, 2018-2022
- George S. Murdock Award for Advisor of the Year, 2017-2022
- Ashford Investments Sales Award for Advisor of the Year, 2017-2022
- Mattingly Award for New Advisor of the Year, 1992
Matthew Lipscomb, Registered Representative and Financial Advisor of Park Avenue Securities LLC (PAS). Securities products and advisory services offered through PAS, member FINRA, SIPC. Financial Representative of The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America® (Guardian), New York, NY. PAS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Guardian. Ashford Advisors, Inc. is not an affiliate or subsidiary of PAS or Guardian. Ashford Advisors, Inc. is not registered in any state or with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as a Registered Investment Advisor. CA Insurance License Number - 0I74166.. These awards are not issued or endorsed by Guardian or its subsidiaries. *This award is not issued by Guardian or its subsidiaries. The annual Forbes ranking of Top Financial Security Professionals 2023 & Top Best-In-State Financial Security Professionals List 2023 is based on criteria developed and obtained by SHOOK Research, LLC. No compensation was provided in connection with obtaining this rating; however, advisors may choose to pay fees to Forbes and Shook for premium listing features; including, usage rights of the ranking logo. Past performance is not an indication of future results. Five Star Wealth Manager Award recipients awarded in March 2022 based on circumstances for the previous calendar year. Compensation has been provided by the adviser in connection with obtaining or using the third-party awards.