Mauri Welzien joined Ashford Advisors in 2020. With an extensive background in real estate, Mauri decided to pursue a career in finance where she could grow the impact she’s able to have on her clients’ lives. With a focus on getting her clients’ financial house in order, Mauri is passionate about putting strategies in place for retirement and estate planning so that families are best prepared for the future.
Growing up in Kossuth, Mississippi, she came from an entrepreneurial household. Her first job was working with her parents who owned their own businesses. Over the years, family and friends have shared stories of incomplete or simply poor planning that has negatively affected their business or personal finances. Mauri’s mission is to help professionals, families, and businesses properly plan so they can avoid unnecessary stress and loss.
In her free time, Mauri is highly involved within her family. She is married to her college sweetheart, Patrick, and together they have three children and live in Ridgeland. A lot of her time is devoted to her children’s activities within band, sports, and academics. As a family, the Welziens enjoy baking, discovering new walking trails, and going on adventurous bike rides.
Education, Training, Memberships
- Mississippi College, bachelor’s in finance, President and Deans List, 2019
- Northeast Mississippi Community College, AA in Engineering, President and Deans List, 1992
- E-Pro designation, specializing in internet marketing
- Seller Representative Specialist, SRS designation
- Highland Colony Baptist Church
- Olde Towne PTO 6th grade Representative, 7th grade President, 8th grade Vice President of Fundraising