Michael Palmer strives to help his clients become financially educated and organized by implementing a long-term strategy to best build their wealth. He is passionate about helping families and professionals understand their finances and become world-class savers.
“What excites me most about my career is the potential to make a positive change in a family’s or individual’s life and know that they are in a better position now than they would be if I hadn’t met them.”
Michael was introduced to Ashford by three different friend circles. After witnessing the financial philosophy and the intentionality involved in the way advisors work with clients, he realized it was the perfect fit for him and his career goals. Prior to his career in finance, Michael played professional football for the Atlanta Falcons and Pittsburgh Steelers.
Outside of the office, Michael is actively involved with Northpoint Community Church and No Longer Bound. Michael has served as a host, server, coach, and speaker for numerous other organizations that align with his values. His philosophy is best summed up in his favorite verse, Colossians 3:23: “Whatever you do, work with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for man."
Michael was born and raised in Atlanta area and graduated from Clemson University in 2010 with a business degree. He and his wife, Niki, welcomed their daughter, Frankie, to the family in April 2017, and their son, Elijah, in September 2019. Together, they enjoy traveling, spending time with their puppy, Dottie, and staying active. Niki is the creative Director at Northpoint Community Church, and both are small group leaders for high school students at Northpoint.
Education, Training, Memberships
- Clemson University, 2010
- NFL Boot Camp: Consumer Products, 2015
- University of Notre Dame, NFL Business Management and Entrepreneurial Program, 2014
- University of Michigan, Business Management and Entrepreneurial Program, 2018
- University of Georgia, 12-month Executive Education Program, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM, 2019
- Leaders Club Qualifier, 2017-2019
- DI Inner Circle, 2017
- Next Generation DI Inner Circle, 2018
- Guardian Centurion, 2017
- Guardian Praetorian Award, 2018
- Guardian Client Builder Award, Diamond Level, 2017
- Guardian Client Builder Award, Tier 1, 2018; Tier 2, 2019
- NAIFA-Atlanta Top Advisors Under 40, 2019
- Ed Mattingly Award, 2017
- Leonard B. Taylor Award, 2017, 2018
- Howard C. Busbey, Sr. Award, 2017-2019
- George S. Murdock Award, 2018
- Disability Lives Award, 2018-2019
- Life Lives Award, 2018-2019
Registered Representative and Financial Advisor of Park Avenue Securities and Financial Representative of The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America (Guardian), New York, NY. CA Insurance License #0L49687