Michelle Adcox joined the Ashford Marketing team in 2021. In her role as the Marketing Coordinator, Michelle assists in developing a mix of marketing strategies and tactics that will promote the agency and its products and services to the right clients, prospects, and the communities we serve.
Major life changes, along with its adversities, led Michelle to a career in marketing. She has 30+ years of experience in a variety of administrative roles which include marketing, compliance, banking, insurance sales, and accounting/finance. In addition to, Michelle is a licensed Life, Accident, and Health Agent with over ten years of sales and marketing experience in the insurance industry.
Michelle is no stranger to Ashford Advisors as she previously served as an FR and recruiting assistant to General Agent, Camille Snyder in the Jackson, MS office. Today, she continues to sell insurance products through a broker contract.
After raising her family, Michelle became a non-traditional college graduate. She now holds multiple degrees: a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and a Master’s in Higher Education Administration. She calls herself a life-learner who strongly supports education both in the classroom and in life. Additionally, Michelle is a former adjunct professor at Hinds Community College - where she taught Accounting and Business Math.
Michelle’s mother is her biggest inspiration for how she lives her life. She takes great pride in passing down her mother’s wisdom and work ethic to her children and grandchildren. Her mother taught her many life lessons, but her favorite being that hard work never hurt anyone and working hard is the key to success.
When Michelle is not spending time with her family, you can find her enjoying time with her extremely diversified group of friends, re-purposing antiques, and restoring her 100-year-old farmhouse. Michelle said: “Family means more to me than words can express. Being a mother of three and grandmother to four beautiful children, is my greatest accomplishment.” She recently extended her family by becoming mom to a beautiful golden doodle fur baby, named Lucy.
Education, Training, Memberships
- Associate of Arts, Copiah Lincoln Community College
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, University of Southern Mississippi
- Master’s in Higher Education Administration, The University of Mississippi
- Who’s Who Academic Award Recipient, The University of Mississippi
- Phi Kappa Phi Top Honors, The University of Mississippi
- Sigma Alpha Lambda Honors, University of Southern Mississippi
- Farm Bureau Insurance’s web page design winner, University of Southern Mississippi
- Former GA’s Director, Youth Director, and Sunday school teacher for Rose Hill Baptist Church in Mize, MS. She is currently a member of Maranatha Baptist Church, in Mt. Olive, MS.
- Served as an officer and currently on the board of Mississippi Association of Pageant Judges