Peter Bourg entered the financial services industry because it allowed him to do two of the things he enjoys most: help people and study finance. In 2008, he joined the Ashford Advisors family, knowing he could do something he loves while impacting the lives of his clients. His passion is to bring awareness to the basic financial principles that aren’t always taught in school and help educate his clients to make the best financial decisions for them.
He works with his clients to help them simplify their financial lives, applying a holistic approach to make them aware of potential financial blind spots. “People have enough stress in their lives as it is and often, their financial lives compound that stress. It is my goal to put my clients at ease, helping bring clarity and organization to their financial lives.”
This comprehensive approach is evidenced by his thorough research and analysis of each clients’ complete financial landscape. With this broad, deep understanding, Peter seeks opportunities to help build and protect wealth, while helping to minimize taxes and expenses. He manages the moving parts of this broad financial picture to help create a conservative yet fluid environment for each of his clients.
Though originally from France, Peter has lived in the Atlanta area since 1997. Peter and his wife, Jamie, were married in 2008, and have two sons, Liam and Charlie. They attend Mt. Bethel United Methodist Church in Marietta. Peter coaches his son, Liam’s, soccer team at Mt. Bethel. He and Jamie are both avid runners and have completed several half-marathons. Peter is a passionate Georgia Tech fan and is past President of the Georgia Tech Business Network, a group that promotes networking among Georgia Tech alumni and professionals.
To get to know more about Peter, take a look at Peter Bourg - Beyond the Advisor.
Education, Training, Memberships
- Licensed Registered Representative and Financial Advisor with Park Avenue Securities, LLC (PAS)
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA), Atlanta Chapter
- Georgia State University, Master of Science in Sports Management, 2006
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Bachelor of Science in Management, 2002
- Guardian Leaders Club, 2017-2019
- Guardian Disability Insurance Inner Circle, 2015-2016, 2018-2019
- Guardian Centurion Award, 2017
- Named one of “NAIFA-Atlanta’s Top 40 Advisors Under 40”, 2013 - 2018*
- Five Star Professional, 2018-2019*
*This award is not issued or endorsed by Guardian or its subsidiaries.
Registered Representative & Financial Advisor of Park Avenue Securities, Financial Representative of Guardian. California Insurance License #0I07706 AR Insurance License #10381689