Sara Dewitt joined Ashford Advisors in 2020, after spending the last few years as a client. When the COVID pandemic and global economic disaster hit, Sara and her husband, Jonathan, felt more prepared and confident in her family’s financial future than ever before -- thanks to their work with a financial professional who changed the trajectory of their family’s finances. Sara is now a passionate Financial Associate of Ashford Advisors, empowered by the knowledge she gained through her own experiences and dedicated to sharing that same sense of confidence with other individuals and families through a holistic financial approach.
Prior to her career transition, Sara spent nearly a decade serving in marketing leadership roles for food, beverage and health companies. Working in marketing helped Sara become skilled in empathetic consumer listening, seeking to understand the motivation and goals of her corporate clients while connecting them with amazing service and strategy. She uses the same approach for her clients at Ashford Advisors, and strongly believes that planning shouldn’t be intimidating or overwhelming. With the help of her marketing background and keen ability to quickly translate technical jargon, Sara strives to make personal finance an accessible language for all.
As part of the Ashford team, Sara helps small business owners, individuals and families implement successful financial wellness programs to protect and develop all they have worked hard to build. Specifically, Sara works with clients to:
- Create a personalized and comprehensive financial strategy, tailored to their goals to help define their ideal future.
- Help identify risks they may be overlooking and put protection strategies in place.
- Help them navigate through potential job loss, health challenges and/or economic conditions so they stay on track.
- Review their strategies regularly due as their needs, life changes, or tax, estate, and economic conditions evolve.
Sara is originally from Alabama, where she met her husband, Jonathan. They were married in 2010, and after several years living in Louisiana, decided to make Atlanta their home in 2017. They enjoy traveling, live music and attending festivals. They are proud parents of twin daughters, Audrey and Eva. Whether they’re hiking, biking, or taking nature walks, they like to explore the outdoors every chance they get.
Education, Training, Memberships
● University of Alabama, Bachelor of Communications with specialization in Visual Journalism, 2009
● Atlanta Boxer Rescue
● Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta, Troop Leader and Cookie Mom
Sara Dewitt is a Financial Representative of The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America® (Guardian), New York, NY. Ashford Advisors is not an affiliate or subsidiary of Guardian. Ashford Advisors is not registered in any state or with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as a Registered Investment Advisor, CA Insurance License Number - 4181973.