Having grown up in poverty, Shelby Green always wanted to enter the financial services industry to help others with their financial future so they would never be in the same position he experienced as a child. Shelby is deeply passionate about educating his clients on basic financial principles that aren’t always taught in school and helping them make informed financial decisions. As a member of the management team, Shelby also works to recruit other diverse individuals who are passionate about helping others with their finances and desire a career full of impact.
Originally from Miami, Florida, Shelby has lived in the Atlanta area since 2018. Shelby graduated from the University of South Carolina – Aiken with a degree in Finance. In his spare time, Shelby can be found playing tennis, basketball, spades, or on the dance floor because he is also a professional Latin dancer!
Shelby specializes in providing financial health coaching and education to those in the healthcare field, particularly nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse anesthetists, and physician's assistants. Growing up, he had significant health conditions and a near-death experience. While in the hospital, he realized he was spending all of his time with the nurses... not the doctors. It was the nurses who would see him before surgery, and after, for days. And it was the nurses who made such a significant impact on his life.
Education, Training, Memberships
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA), Atlanta Chapter
- Buckhead Business Association
- Atlanta Black Chambers
- American Nurse Association
- Georgia Nurse Association
- University of South Carolina-Aiken, Bachelor of Science in Finance
- Advanced Disability Meeting-2023
- Georgia Leaders Council (NAIFA)-2023 (This award is not issued nor endorsed by Guardian or its subsidiaries)
- NAIFA Top Advisor under 40 2022-2023
- Guardian Centurion-2022
- MDRT – Court of Table 2022-2023 (Million Dollar Round Table is endorsed by but not affiliated with Guardian or its subsidiaries. Applicants must annually qualify for membership based on productivity and pay an annual fee.)
- Leaders Club, 2021-2024 (Guardian sponsored award/recognition)
- ShoutOut Atlanta, April 2021
- Voyage ATL, January 2020
- Yahoo Finance, 2021
- American Daily Post, 2021